|Dołączył: 13 Sty 2016|
|Przeczytał: 0 tematów|
|Hi again, sorry for the absence I have had a lot of unexpended sh*t come up here, both work and personal.
I think my plans have changed so I will go in june or juli.
I am going to Norway to ride in the start of june and, combined with other plans, it just makes more sense going southward after that. It is to bad cause i'm really getting road-fever after not being able to ride during the winter but it is just more sensible to wait with the long trips until summer.
So I don't think weather is going to be a big problem. At that time of year temperature is not really that much of an issue, just rain, and if i can handle riding in eastern Norway during their "summer" eastern Europe is probably not a problem
Regarding wild camping i know it's illegal but I also get the understanding that many people do it? That's the way it is in Germany; illegal but pretty much accepted if you behave. I'm not talking about a big permanent camp with loud music and a huge bonfire, just discretely pitching a tent for the night, leaving early and leaving the campsite as i found it. If it's really not acceptable i will probably just couchsurf and camp at camping sites.
And i will absolutely appreciate peoples offers of accomodation.
And my specific plans are really loose. I like to be pretty flexible.
I like forests and mountains (coming from flat farmed Denmark) and i like great motorcycle roads, twisty and preferably with a view.
As for sights i'm thinking the following (if you look closely you can see there is a war-motif ):
* I would really like to see the battlefield of the Battle of Wizna.
* The Wolf's Lair is not far from Wizna so that would likely be on the list too.
* The Masurian lakes are also nearby and the site of several battles in the 1st world war.
* Sites of the beginning of the second world war: Westerplatte, Wieluń, the Gliwice radio tower and Jablunkov pass (Czech Republic)
* Maybe the site of the Battle of Tannenberg, allthough i understand there is nothing there today and the site of the memorial is a highway junction.
* Poznan citadel
* Dukla pass (site of battle in 1944 during the Slovak national uprising) which is not far from the Bieszczady Mountains suggested by Qrac.
Outside of Poland:
* I'm going to tour the battlefield of the Battle on the Oder which is east of Berlin so i'm definetely going to be in the northeastern part of Poland.
* I'm going to visit the battlefield of Austerlitz in the Czech Republic.
* If i go further south i'm going to see where the Plattensee offensive took place in Hungary
* And If my V-strom is unstoppable i'll continue to Romania to ride the Transfagarasan and Transalpina.